American First National Bank desires to become the leading Asian-American owned financial institution within the United States. We are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards, operating in a safe and sound manner, and complying with laws and regulations.
Brief History and Locations:We are an Asian-American owned National Bank, with reported total assets exceeding $2.548 billion as of June 30, 2023, and full FDIC insurance coverage, headquartered in Houston, Texas. Formed by six organizers in August 1997, we opened for business on May 18, 1998. Our Corporate Office is located at 9999 Bellaire Blvd., near the southeast corner of the intersection on Beltway 8 and Bellaire Blvd. in Houston. We chose this site due to its proximity to the highly concentrated Asian-American community along the Bellaire Blvd. corridor. The Corporate Office is housed in a 12-story building, four floors of which are owned by the Bank. In addition to our Corporate Office, we operate 20 branch locations across Texas, Nevada, and California. In Texas, we have six branches in the Houston Metro area: First Colony, Harwin, Spring, Katy, and Sugar Land; and seven branches in the Dallas Metro area: Richardson, Harry Hines, Legacy, Plano, Carrollton, Garland, and Arlington. In Nevada, we have branches in Las Vegas, Pahrump, Amargosa Valley, and Henderson. In California, we have branches in City of Industry, Alhambra, Arcadia, as well as a Loan Production Office.
Information on our Directors and Management:
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of American First National Bank comprises 14 members. Henry Wu has served as the Chairman of the Board since the bank's inception in 1998. Previously, he held the position of Chairman of the Board for Texas First National Bank (now Golden Bank, N.A.) for several years. The Board actively participates in the bank's overall management, ensuring the establishment of adequate internal controls and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, the Board is responsible for ensuring maximum profits in line with the best interests of customers, shareholders, employees, and the public. The Board members include: Mr. Henry Wu, Chairman; Mr. Cheng Yuan Kao, Vice Chairman; Mr. Ray Chang, Vice Chairman; Mr. Bruce Chang, President/CEO; Mr. Andy Chien; Dr. George Tseng; Dr. Paul Cheng; Dr. Chong-Huey Wang; Mr. Steven Sun; Mr. Ronnie Miller; Mr. Ali Lakhany; Mr. Wen-Chuan Chen; Mr. Hank Chuang; and Mr. Gor-Pau Roy Wu.
Our Senior Management team, consists of experienced bankers who are dedicated to achieving the Bank's mission under the management and oversight of the Board of Directors. Our Senior Management team includes:
- Bruce Chang, President & CEO
- Fion Chen, EVP & Chief Lending Officer
- Eleanor Kwan, EVP & Chief Operations Officer
- Lucheng Mailloux, EVP & Nevada Regional Manager
- Peter Lam, EVP & California Regional Manager
- Michael Bailey, EVP & Chief Compliance Officer & CRA Officer
- Monnie Mak, 1st SVP & Assistant Chief Lending Officer
- Anita Nwosuocha, SVP & Chief Financial Officer
- Luke Yang, SVP & Dallas Regional Lending Manager
- Simon Lin, SVP & California Regional Portfolio Manager
- Jennifer Cho, SVP & Senior Lending Officer
- Mike Jan, SVP & Senior Lending Officer
- Lynn Lin, SVP & Senior Lending Officer
- Saeromee Kim, SVP & Senior Lending Officer
- Angeline Chen, SVP & Senior Lending Officer
- Jenny Yang, SVP & Senior Lending Officer
- Judith Lee, SVP & Senior Lending Officer
- Tim Chuang, SVP & Senior Lending Officer
- Dawning Ho, SVP & Investment Officer
- Michael Klobosits, SVP & Internal Audit Manager
- Kevin Hajek, SVP & Chief Information Security Officer
- Robert Pierce, SVP & Risk Management Manager
- Sook Kim, SVP & Marketing Officer
- Mike Fann, SVP & Controller/Cashier
- Fivan Tang, SVP & Chief Credit Administrator
- Jennifer Hao, SVP & Closing Department Manager
- Joanne You, SVP & HR Manager & Secretary to the Board
- Thalia Wang, SVP & Bookkeeping Department Manager
- Amy Gou, SVP & Harwin Branch Manager
- Linda Yi, SVP & Spring Branch Manager
- Nora Lao, SVP & Richardson Branch Manager
- Sun Kim, SVP & Harry Hines Branch Manager
- Jessie Lee, SVP & Legacy Branch Manager
- Jane Shiah, SVP & Las Vegas Branch Manager
- Joyce Lin, SVP & City of Industry Branch Manager
The staff of American First National Bank is primarily Asian-American and possesses the ability to communicate in many different languages. The primary services of the bank include:
- Demand Deposit services, encompassing checking accounts, money market accounts, and NOW accounts.
- Time and savings deposit services, which include regular savings, money market savings, certificates of deposit, and IRAs.
- Loans for businesses and consumers, such as working capital, commercial construction, real estate, automobiles, personal use, and others.
- Trade financing, which includes letters of credit, international wire transfers, collections, and bill discounts.
- Internet banking and mobile banking services, which includes Zelle® and mobile deposit.
- Other services: Remote Deposit, ACH, safe deposit boxes, international & domestic wires, cashier's checks, ATM, and notary services.
Additionally, we have an experienced International Banking Department that provides international banking services, such as trade finance. We also maintain correspondent relationships with most of the major banks worldwide to facilitate international transactions. Our community involvement is extensive, and we operate an active Officer Call program. When called upon, we provide speakers to address local schools, businesses, and civic organizations, focusing on financial literacy.