American First National Bank (AFNB) understands concerns about the significant impact that Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is having on people and businesses in our communities. Our team is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are taking steps to minimize risk, as nothing is more important than the health and safety of our customers, teams, and communities.
Branch & Corporate Office Access
While we recognize that our bank offices operate as vital resources in the communities we serve, we’ve temporarily adjusted our operating standards for the protection of our customers and team members.
Effective March 25, 2020:
- All branch lobbies and our corporate office will close to walk-in traffic. Appointments can be requested for transactions or services that can’t be performed at an ATM or by drive-thru.
- Certain branches without a drive-thru will be available on an appointment only basis.
- Drive-thru, ATM, and night depository services (where applicable) will continue to be available, however we are adjusting our drive-thru hours as follows:
9:00am to 5:00pm | Monday – Thursday
9:00am to 5:30pm | Friday
- All of our locations will be closed on Saturdays.
To schedule an appointment, please contact your local branch. For our current locations and hours, please visit our Branch Locator.
We encourage you to check our website regularly for updates. If individual branch locations or our corporate office is required to restrict lobby access further, or close, we will attempt to promptly provide you with information about the nearest alternative physical location that remains open and/or telephone or online alternatives in order to access critical Bank products and services.
As always, many of our products and services are already available remotely or in a manner that minimizes person-to-person physical contact.
We encourage you utilize the following banking products and services:
- Internet Banking
- AFNB Mobile app
- Remote Deposit Capture
- Debit Card and CardValetâ
- Night Depository Services
- Drive-thru facilities (where available)
- Setup direct deposit through your employer.
- Be watchful of potential scams attempting to exploit the uncertainty around COVID-19. Visit the FTC website to stay informed.
- Please remember that AFNB will never call, email, or text you and ask you for your PIN or private financial information. If you suspect suspicious activity on your account, please contact us by calling us immediately at 877-473-1888.
- AFNB Customer Service representatives are available to assist you in enrolling and downloading our mobile app, or answer any other banking questions you have at 877-473-1888 or [email protected].
Your Funds Insured
Rest assured that your money continues to remain safe, sound and accessible. At AFNB, the standard deposit insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor, per Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)-insured bank, per ownership category. Depositors may qualify for more coverage if they have funds in different ownership categories and all other FDIC requirements are met.
We will continue to monitor developments and support our customers and communities with important updates on afnb.com as the situation around COVID-19 evolves.